Monday, May 08, 2006

letter at 1600

Associated Press, May 9, 2006:
RICE: IRAN LETTER DOESN'T RESOLVE STANDOFF
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice dismissed a letter that Iran's president sent to President Bush on Monday, saying the first direct communication from an Iranian leader in 27 years does not help resolve the standoff over Tehran's disputed nuclear program.

This is not the first time the United States has received a letter from another country's leader.

Dear "President" Washington, I wish to "make apologies" for the "War" of "Independence" that recently got out of hand. I hope we can put this whole mess behind us and become friendly nations again. You were right about the tea tax, it was way too high. Sincerely, King George

Dear Co-President Lincoln, Sometimes I don't even remember what we're fighting about. Do you think we should get together and talk about reuniting our countries? Maybe we could trade the presidencies every 6 months? And have 6 months of slavery, then 6 months of no slavery? I'm just brainstorming here. Anyway, get in touch. Your pal? Jeff Davis.

Dear President Hoover, Your handling of the current economic Depression sucks. You suck. Someone should name a vacuum after you. Oh, wait, there's already a Hoover vacuum. I wonder which sucks more, you or the vacuum? I would bet on you since the vacuum's poor financial management did not cause me to lose my life savings. Tomorrow I'll be sober, but you'll still suck. If you are ever in Britain, please get bent. Winston Churchill.

Dear JFK, I will consider removing my missles from Cuba if you can arrange for me to sleep with your American actress Marilyn Monroe. Please consider this offer. Nikita Krushchev.

Yo Kennedy! I will forget about your attempt to oust me at the Bay of Pigs if you can arrange for me to sleep with Marilyn Monroe. Just once. Although, between you and me, I think once she's tried Fidel, she'll never go back. Yours, Fidel Castro.

Deal Plesident Nixon, Me rikee vely much if you come visit me countree. I no get arong with Lussia again. Is velly funny that I lite with accent too, no? Haldree makee sense at all. Cartoonish, velly much. Sayonara, Mao Zedong.

Dear Mr. Carter, I do not think I will be releasing your hostages any time soon. If I do, however, I had an idea for a New York Post headline -- you could have a picture of you hugging the freed hostages outside the White House and the headline would be "'Welcome Back' - Carter" Get it? It sounds like your TV show "Welcome Back, Kotter," no? The one with the Sweathogs? I come up with a lot of good funny headlines. Do you know who hires people for that job at the Post? I think I would be good at it. Seriously. But like I said, I will not be releasing your hostages. Signed, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Dear President Reagan, You recently asked me to consider tearing down the Berlin Wall. I am thinking about it, and wondering if there is any chance you can arrange for me to sleep with the "Solid Gold" host Marilyn McCoo? Sincerely, Mikhail Gorbachev

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh, though, have you read the real thing?

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-727571,36-769886,0.html

I have no idea what to make of it, especially the part that praises Bush for his "War and Terror" slogan....

Anyway, "Sayonara, Mao Zedong" = hilarious.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

8:52 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin pas cher, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, prada handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, replica watches, christian louboutin uk, gucci handbags, nike free, polo outlet, nike free run, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, replica watches, jordan shoes, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade, jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors pas cher, burberry pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, air max, oakley sunglasses wholesale, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet

7:46 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister uk, oakley pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, nike huaraches, mulberry uk, guess pas cher, hogan outlet, uggs outlet, nike air force, michael kors outlet online, burberry handbags, michael kors, burberry outlet, ray ban uk, nike tn, nike air max uk, north face, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, north face uk, converse pas cher, sac hermes, nike roshe run uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, sac vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, nike trainers uk, vans pas cher, ralph lauren uk, uggs outlet, true religion jeans, timberland pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, replica handbags, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, nike free uk, new balance, michael kors, lululemon canada, coach purses

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home